Monday, March 30, 2015

Would they even accuse me?

Now as Peter was below in the courtyard, one of the servant girls of the high priest came. And when she saw Peter warming himself, she looked at him and said, "You also were with Jesus of Nazareth."....

And after a little while another saw him and said, "You also are of them"....

Then after about an hour had passed, another confidently affirmed, saying "Surely you are one of them; for you are a Galilean, and your speech shows it."...

Over the years I have heard this story told time and again.  Usually with the focus being the denials.
With many people claiming that they would never deny Jesus.  Or wondering what they would do, if their life was in danger.

But today, I want to focus on the fact that Peter was even accused.  I wonder, would anyone even accuse me? Outside of the people that I go to church with, who would accuse me of being with Jesus?
I pray that my light shines in such a way as to leave no doubt.

Would someone say with confidence, "you are one of them"?   Does my speech, what I say, how I say it show that I have been bought with a price?   Is my life different, so that even those that do not know me can see the difference?

As we approach Easter, ask yourself, "Is there enough evidence to accuse you?"   Not just from what you post on Facebook or tweet, but in how you live your life day in and day out.  Can your neighbors, employer, employees, customers, the cashier at the coffee shop, ect.  See a difference?

Please leave your comments and prayer requests.  God Bless You.

No comments:

Post a Comment