Saturday, October 8, 2011

The Director's Commentary

One of the things that I like most about watching DVDs is watching the Director's Commentary.  I love seeing the movie from the Director's point of view.  In the Director's Commentary you get to find out little secrets about the movie and the reason for why certain things are done.  You find out about why certain lighting is chosen, why certain music is played and you even get to find out about certain "extras" that happen to be someone's wife, uncle, son, daughter etc.  Then when you watch the movie again you have a better understanding and appreciation for what went into the making of the movie. 
I started thinking what would my "Director's Commentary" look like, what if I saw my life from the director's point of view?  Would I pay more attention to the colors, the lighting, the sounds, the people around me?  Would I appreciate the simple things that seem to just fade into the background?  Would I take better care of myself, if I saw the love and details that went into creating me?  Would I see people differently, if I thought of them as someone's son, daughter, mother, father?  What if?
So my challenge to you this week, is instead of just going through your daily routine, stop and think about what goes into every aspect of your life, enjoy the sights, sounds, smells, beauty of each and every day, look at people, really look and see, don't just look through them.  Listen and appreciate everything about your life.  And maybe, just maybe with a better appreciation of life, we will take better care of ourselves and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment