Saturday, October 1, 2011

Eating Out

Ok, I have a confession to make, the first time that I walked into a restaurant and saw the calories listed by my favorite foods, I was less than excited. I mean I go out to eat to enjoy myself when I eat out, why in the world would I want my meal ruined by knowing how many calories are in my food. But as time I went on, I found that these numbers, when I looked at them the right way could be my friend. If I know how many calories and sometimes other nutritional information that is sometimes offered, then I can make choices based on facts and not what I think or feel. As a matter of fact when I started looking at the calorie content in the foods that I would eat, I was amazed. Some of the foods that sounded healthy (like some salads) were loaded with calories. Some of them had enough calories for my entire day. So now instead of having my meal ruined by seeing the calories, I now embrace this new system and use it to help me to make good choices and informed choices. Like this morning I went to I-Hop with my husband for breakfast, and was able to order my breakfast with turkey bacon and imitation eggs for under 500 calories. Not that you have to have turkey bacon or imitation eggs, but at least now the power is mine to make choices that are good for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment