Friday, January 25, 2013

May I Say Something?

There I was, like I do every morning reading through my daily devotions.  There are several daily devotions, Bible studies, and Bible reading plans that I receive via e-mail everyday, so I start my day at 4:30 and spend two hours a day with God.  Or so I thought, I mean I'm sure He's been there every day, nd yes I've been reading His word and the devotionals, the problem was is that I have been reading them like I would read any of my e-mails, just getting through and moving onto the next without slowing down. Long enough to really listen to God.
This morning He reminded me about how frustrating talking to my husband can be. It seems that when My husband and talk about things he is more interested in saying everything that is on his mind, without really given me the chance to participate in the conversation and when I try, he will often interrupt me and when there is a moment to finally be heard in his mind he has already moved on to something new.   So I am left frustrated, not really feeling like I was a part of the conversation.
Well this morning, as I was quickly moving from one e-mail to the next, I heard God asking me, if I really wanted to hear from Him, or was I just trying to get through my daily check off of e-mails, so that I could say I was done and move on with my day, "having spent time with God".
So, I am asking God to slow me down, and if I don't get through every e-mail, so be it, it is not always about quantity, as about quality.
What about you?  Are you stopping long enough for God to participate?  Invite Him to actively be a part of your devotional time, and then slow down enough to listen and hear what He has to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment