Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Scale Friend or Foe????

So I got on the scale today and I am down 2 1/2 pounds.  This makes me feel good, but my question is, is the scale a friend or a foe?  Me, I'm an everyday weigher, I get on the scale every morning before I get dressed or have breakfast to see where I am.  I use this as a way to keep track of where I am, and how things are going.  And yes, I have heard all the reasons why you shouldn't weigh everyday, and how the scale fluctuates and this should not be the only determining factor, and I understand all of that.  But I believe each of us has to look at our relationship with the scale and how we feel after we step on the scale, no matter what it says, and what we do with the way that we feel.  I am one of those, that if the scale is down, I feel good and want to do well that day to keep up the good work, but also, if the scale is up a little I make adjustments for the day, cut back a little, step up the exercise a little more, so you see to me the scale is a motivator no matter what it says. 
So I don't believe in what's right and what's wrong, as far as the scale is concern, I believe in what works.  So find that balance in your life and do what is going to help you the most in reaching your goals. 
Today is a good day on the scale, I am motivated to keep doing what I am doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment