Wednesday, May 7, 2014

A Privilege to Pray

Esther 4
10 Then Esther spoke to Hathach, and gave him a command for Mordecai: 11 “All the king’s servants and the people of the king’s provinces know that any man or woman who goes into the inner court to the king, who has not been called, he has but one law: put all to death, except the one to whom the king holds out the golden scepter, that he may live. Yet I myself have not been called to go in to the king these thirty days.” 12 So they told Mordecai Esther’s words.

Esther 5
Now it happened on the third day that Esther put on her royal robes and stood in the inner court of the king’s palace, across from the king’s house, while the king sat on his royal throne in the royal house, facing the entrance of the house.[a] So it was, when the king saw Queen Esther standing in the court, that she found favor in his sight, and the king held out to Esther the golden scepter that was in his hand. Then Esther went near and touched the top of the scepter.

One day as I was speaking to this gentleman, he was telling me about some things that were going on in his life, and I asked if I could pray for him.  After I prayed, he thanked me and I told him that it was my privilege to pray for him.  This caught him off guard, and he asked, "Really?", yes I responded.

It is a privilege to be able to pray for someone one.  To be able to take your petition before the King of Kings.  You see coming before the king without being summoned first was something that was punishable by death.  If the king did not show you favor, it could be "Off with her head" time. 

And the King of Kings, the Lord of Lords, the God of this Universe invites us to come near, to come to the foot of His throne and bring your petitions.  You can petition on your own behalf, on behalf of someone else, the person you are petitioning for doesn't even have to know you are doing it, you don't even need to know the person directly or and get this, you don't even have to know what you are petitioning for.  You just have to come to the throne.  God knows what you are coming for, before any words leave your tongue.

God wants to hear your petition and God wants to grant your petitions.  God has already called for you to come near, won't you do so now? 

One thing that I have learned is that the best time to pray, is NOW.  So if someone asks for prayer, pray right then and there, don't wait for later, for often I have found, when I wait, I forget.  So if I am with someone, I pray for them right where we are.  You don't have to wait for a quiet place or be in a church, I have prayed for people in Starbucks, in a restaurant, in Barnes and Noble, on a bus, there is no place that God will not hear your petitions.

So I tell you, it would be a privilege to pray for you.  Please send me your requests.


No comments:

Post a Comment