Monday, May 5, 2014

Your First Love

Revelation 2:3-4

and you have persevered and have patience, and have labored for My name’s sake and have not become weary. Nevertheless I have this against you, that you have left your first love.

Aww First Love, do you remember it?  Maybe not even your first love, but what about your current love?  Remember when you first met, first started talking, first went out?

It seems that as a relationship goes on, we tend to stop doing the things and enjoying the things that we did when we first got together.  No longer do we get butterflies when we hear his voice, talk for hours on the phone, look for ways to just run into her.  

You know it can be the same with God.  Remember how you felt when you first became a Christian?  Remember wanting to read your Bible just to see what God had to say to you.  Praying just to talk to God and let Him know how you day was going?  

I hope you have memories like this, but if not, may I say fall in love with God.  He's been wanting that since before He created you.  He wants to be the first one you talk to not the last one, when all else fails.  It's amazing what happens when you really fall in love with God.  This week I was driving in my car, talking and praising God, and I actually was feeling giddy.  I felt like a school girl falling for her first crush.  
I was thanking God for all his blessings.  It is amazing the peace you feel, and the blessings you see, and the things you are thankful for when you just relax in the love of God.  

So why not spend some time with God today and really fall in love with him.  

Check out my website

 

No comments:

Post a Comment