Friday, May 9, 2014

Fear is not an Option

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. II Timothy 1:7

Fear, it can over take us, it can stop us, it can cripple us, and it is not from God.  

Yesterday was a hard day, I just didn't feel like doing anything, but couldn't quite put my finger on what was wrong.  But then last night, I remembered the dream that I had the night before and God revealed to me what was causing me so much angst.

So here is my dream and what God and I talked about last night.  I hope it encourages you.

In my dream my husband and I were looking for a place to live.  We walked into this house and it was dark, ugly and dated.  It had dark wood paneling all over, even on the ceiling.  And although I hated the place, I was telling myself, well just be happy to have a place to live.  You'll get used to it.  

But then we walked out into the backyard and there in the backyard there was this beautiful walkway that lead to this beautiful glass building.  This place was so big and bright and cheery.  I wanted to go there immediately.  So I ran toward the walkway, but then I was stopped, I noticed that there were no sides on this walkway and it was extremely high.  Now you must know that I am terrified of heights, so I stopped on the steps to the walkway and just cried.  There across the walkway was this beautiful place, and here was I was, was this dark and dreary place.  Instead of going toward what I wanted, what was there for me to have, I let my fear overtake me and stop me.  

I woke up yesterday very sad and stayed like that all day.

Last night, as I was driving, God reminded my of my dream.  He reminded me that He wants more for my life.  He has more for my life.  This spirit of fear is not from Him, it is the enemy stopping me from having and being all that God has for me.  So God asked me, what are the fears that I have, that are preventing me from being what God made me to be?

1. Fear of Heights prevents me from enjoying God's beautiful world.  You would never find me looking at the Grand Canyon, or at the top of a mountain looking to the valley below.

2. Fear of looking stupid or appearing dumb, being wrong, keeps me from trying new things, asking questions, giving answers.

3. Fear of rejection keeps me from making phone calls, sharing what I do, talking to others, sharing who I am.  

Ok, well there are  probably more, but I think this is a good start.  So in order to stop my fears from controlling me, I will take control of them.  I will look out a window and enjoy the view.  I will ask more questions, try something new, make a fool of myself.  An I will make my phone calls.  I will call you even to just say hi, how are you?  

God has created me for greatness, he's created all of for greatness.  Please share your fears, that I may be able to pray for you, and if I can help in anyway, please contact me.  

Ok just looking at these pictures freaks me out.  But here they are.






No comments:

Post a Comment