Monday, April 14, 2014

Licking the Spoon and Taking out the Trash

Esther 4:14
For if you remain completely silent at this time, relief and deliverance will arise for the Jews from another place, but you and your father’s house will perish. Yet who knows whether you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this?”
Luke 19:40
But He answered and said to them, “I tell you that if these should keep silent, the stones would immediately cryout.”  


I can remember as I was raising four boys that sometimes things went to the closes son.  So if you were in the kitchen while I was baking, then you got to lick the spoon, likewise if I saw you when it was time to take out the trash, then you got that duty.  It was much easier than looking for another son, when one was always close by.  All I knew is that something was there to be offered or something needed to be done, it didn't matter as much by whom, just that is got done.  Some things were met with excitement and other things were met with "Awww, why me, I did it last time"  But sometimes there would be a blessing given to the one who did what was asked of him.
It seems that God often works in the same way.  When Esther wasn't sure whether or not she wanted to go before the King regarding the plot to kill her people, Mordecai assured her that God would deliver the Jews, even if He had to use someone else.  
When the Pharisees wanted Jesus to quiet the people and stop them from praising Him.  Jesus told the Pharisees that even if the people didn't praise Him, the rocks would. 
God's will, will get done, either with us or in spite of us. 
But how much more exciting it would be, to be the one that God uses.  
So how does God pick who to use?  Does He look for the brightest, strongest, handsomest, richest?  No, although being those things does not disqualify you from being used, it is not what God looks for.  Much like when I would call the son closest to me, God is also looking for those close to Him.  
Are you spending time with God?  Are you in His word?  Are you spending time in prayer?  
When you are close to God, you will hear His voice when He calls and believe me He will call.  
What will you do when He calls, will you joyfully do what is ask or will you argue "why you?"  
I pray that you will step up and do whatever it is that God calls you to do.

During my 90 days transformation, I have been asking God to use me.  I have been praying for the eyes of Jesus to see what needs to be done, and asking for a servant's heart to do whatever is asked.
Some examples where God has used me in this last few weeks have been:  
1.  I was able to pray with an elderly man on the bus who had just broke his cane and was worried about getting home.  He was also feeling that God must be mad at him, and I was able to share with him, God's love.
2. I was at the right place and time, when my step grandson was having difficulty breathing.  I was able to first calm him down and then get my son and his mom, who called the paramedics.  I was also blessed to use this as a teaching moment for my three year old grandson, as we prayed together for brother Joey and his parents. And then;
3. This weekend when we had a yard sale, God told me to put up a sign that said, "Need Prayer" and I was able to pray with several people that came to the yard sale.
See God did not look for anything that the world would look for, I am not some great prayer warrior, what I was, was staying close to God and then obedient when God called my name.
God wants to use you too.  
Please leave a comment about how God is using you, or any prayer request that you may have.
www.tshelp4life.com

No comments:

Post a Comment