Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Staying the Course



1 You're blessed when you stay on course, walking steadily on the road revealed by God. 2 You're blessed when you follow his directions, doing your best to find him. 3 That's right - you don't go off on your own; you walk straight along the road he set. 4 You, God, prescribed the right way to live; now you expect us to live it. 5 Oh, that my steps might be steady, keeping to the course you set; 6Then I'd never have any regrets in comparing my life with your counsel. 7 I thank you for speaking straight from your heart; I learn the pattern of your righteous ways. 8 I'm going to do what you tell me to do; don't ever walk off and leave me.

Yesterday God showed me how important it is to stay the course.  

My niece is having open heart surgery today, so I was taking the bus from my home to Orange County to be at the hospital today during the surgery.  I was already on the bus, had my day pass for all my connections, when I get a call from my aunt, "surgery had been postponed due to problems with insurance".  Ok what to do, I'm already on the bus, although I could get off at the next stop and get another bus back home, but something said, no stay the course.  Then I get a message from a friend, can I come over and help clean her house.  "God, I could really use the money, maybe I should change course and go help her". "No, stay the course".
So I continued, praying for God's peace wondering did I hear him correctly, am I doing the right thing?   Am I doing the prudent thing?  Doubts, doubts, doubts.  But hearing the words, "Stay the course".  So almost four hours later I arrive at my destination, I get a call from my aunt,  surgery is a go, insurance has been worked out.

Thank you God, for showing me how to trust you, and to trust myself when I hear your voice.  Thank you for reinforcing how important it is to stay the course.  The enemy, will throw all kinds of things your way, making you doubt your commitment, making you doubt which way to go, but God says stay the course.


No comments:

Post a Comment