Monday, November 5, 2012

Day Eight and Making it through the Weekend

So here I am on day eight of the 10 day juice fast.  I'm surprised but it really has gone by quickly.  Made it through the weekend, which tend to be harder for me generally, because it feels like your routine just get's messed up.  You may go out, do something different, whatever, just isn't the normal day to day routine that I'm used to. 
Did go out yesterday, went downtown to walk around and visits shops.  It was a very enjoyable day, but still since my friend is not fasting, it was hard when she was hungry to watch her eat.  But I stayed focus on what was important to me and also how well I had done up until then, so I stayed true to my fast. 
You know being on this fast has turned out to be about more than a chance to jump start my weight loss and health, it is also been about a since of accomplishment, and overcoming obstacles.  I hear from so many people, "I could never do that", I now I know that I can.  So if I can do this what else could I do.  Where in my life have I told myself that "I could never or I can't"  Or when I have started something and then quit because of some difficulty or obstacle.  I know have a frame of reference that says I did something that others thought was too difficult, something that others were afraid to even try, that is pretty cool. 
This should help me in so many areas of my life.
Well this fast is almost to the end, but it will not be the end of my blogging. More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment