Monday, March 10, 2014

Day Two Renewing my mind

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
 
The Bible tells us to be transformed by the renewing of our minds.  There are many ways that we can renew our minds. Philippians reminds us about what kinds of things we should allow into our minds.
Philippians 4:8
[ Meditate on These Things ] Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.
 
One way to transform your mind, is to read.  I love to read and usually have more than one book going at any given time.  
 
During my 90 day transformation I am committed to reading 20 books.  Below are some of the books that I am currently reading.

 

First and foremost there is the Bible, I like to start each morning out be reading a portion of the Bible, I also like to have a devotional going at the same time.  The devotional that I will be reading during this transformation is Transformed by Rick Warren.  I will share what I learn as I go along.

I also like to have a personal development book, a leadership book and a biography book.  My first personal development book is The Gift by Shad Helmstetter, my leadership book is Whitewashing the Fence by Keith Potter and my Biography is Funny Side Up about Rita Davenport.  
I looking forward not only to what these books with teach me, but my growth as I read these and many other books during this 90 day period.



I will post my weight every day, today its 185.2

Here I am yesterday shopping at one of my favorite stores, Barons.  Notice how far I am parked away from the store?

My transformation will come as I allow God's Spirit to move inside me to guide me and teach me.  I am learning to listen, which is not always easy. 

I said I would be completely honest with this blog. 

Small victory:  Even though my husband and I have very different opinions regarding spiritual matters and I don't like to discuss matters with him, as I was writing today's blog and he came in and started reading over my shoulder.  Immediately he had an opinion, but through the power of the Holy Spirit, I was able to allow him to speak (held my tongue) and then just said that although I appreciate his opinion, this is suppose to be a blog from my point of view.

If you knew my husband, you would know what a victory that was. 

Talk to you more tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment