Monday, March 31, 2014

Running the Race

Hebrews 12:1  Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

This has been a rough week for me.  I have to say that I was going through some depression.  
You see, we currently live with a friend and all of our stuff is being store at someone else home.  So we have been living without our own stuff.  Then last week our friends said that they want to use their storage and we have to get everything out.  At first I couldn't even think about what to do with our things.  I didn't really want to deal with it.  But you can't stick your head in the sand forever, so I had to start thinking about what to do.

My first thoughts were, but this is my stuff.  These are my things, I want don't want to get rid of them, as my husband was saying we should sell everything.  But as I cried out to God, I heard Him speak to my heart.  This is just stuff, this is not who you are.  You are defined by your relationship to Me, and you are my darling daughter.  Do you not know that like Job, that I am more that able to restore all to you?  I gave my son, my most precious thing, for you, want you give up the things you have collected over the years, to allow me to be glorified?
Yes Lord, you gave us all that we have and yes Lord, I will sell all that I have and follow you.  I trust you when you say that your plans for me are of peace, not evil to give me a future and a hope.  Take anything that is a weight around my neck.

And so as I am writing this my husband is emptying the storage shed and we will be selling everything in two weeks in a garage sell.  

I give all that I have to God.  I am also starting a 21 Day Daniel Fast, tomorrow.  For me it is not so much about the eating, for I eat most of the things on the fast anyway, but I am also fasting from anything that takes my focus off of God and his purpose for me.  

So I will spend more time with God, my blog, my website, being with friends, working my business and will give up TV, Internet unless used to further God's purpose for my life.  I will listen only to Music or podcasts that will lift me up and grow me.  I want God to change my life from the inside out, and use me in any way He sees fit.  

Stick around, the next 21 days shall be exciting.


No comments:

Post a Comment