Thursday, March 13, 2014

Getting Real

Why I am I doing this blog you may ask.  I wanted to spend a little time writing about why I am doing this blog and what I hope to accomplish through writing.  This is about to get really real, so here goes.
I believe that we were created by God for great things.  That before the foundations of the Earth were laid, God had a plan for us and for our lives.   I also believe that the enemy will and does do everything possible to keep us from accomplishing what we were created to do.
When we were little children, before the lies of the enemy started permeating our minds, we dream big dreams, we believe anything is possible and we trusted that things would work out.  But then the lies came, sometimes from parents, sometimes for society, sometimes from friends, siblings, spouses, etc. and then these lies became part of our language to ourselves.  In fact most of us don't someone else telling us to stop trying, to lower the bar of expectations, to settle, we get to the point where we tell ourselves these things.  And why not, people that were supposed to love us, told us these things, people that were supposed to know more told us these things, people that had lived longer, had more life experiences, they all told us these things.
So this journey for me is first and foremost to reprogram the voices in my own head, and yes we can reprogram our minds.  Next, it's to quiet the ones who thought they knew better and were just being truthful.  And finally, if I can do this, then you can do this.  
But in order to stop the voices you have to admit where you are.  Once you admit where you are, then it can't be used against you.  I worked in law for several years, and we always told our clients to be completely truthful with us.  If we knew everything, then we could plan for anything, it was when the clients were less then truthful, for whatever reason, maybe they thought it would matter, maybe they thought we would think less of them, but whatever the reason, when we didn't know, was when the damage was done.
So if I am truthful about where I am now, then not only do I have something to work with and can measure where I am going, but I know longer have to fear the truth.  I know longer have to think, if they know this, they will think less of me. 
So in order to beat the enemy at his own game, I am out here telling everything. 

I am being honest about where I am, and honest about where I want to be.  Then I am able to make a plan to move toward, where I want to be.

When I looked at my list, a lot of the things that I wanted were financial, so time to be honest about my finances.  Currently I have $199.76 in my checking account, and I am expect a check of $31.80.  Not completely broke but not rich.  So my first goal is to start earning more money.  Now I know that Network Marketing is the best and fastest way to earn money, if you work at it.  So my commitment to myself, my family and to you, is do spend at least five hours every day working my business.  I know what it takes, because I have others that have done it and the formula is there, I just need to commit to doing what I need to do.
I also need to change my mind set.  The mind is a powerful computer and can do remarkable things, but it is only as good as what you put into it.  So if I tell myself, that I am broke, I don't have enough money, it's too expensive, then that is what my mind believes and that is what I achieve.  So I decided this morning, that instead of saying those things, I will begin imputing new information, and say, that is something that I chose not to invest in right now.  I choose not to but that.  I choose not to go there.  Making it a matter of choice and not money, my mind does not keep thinking that we are broke.
I also went online today and got my credit score, not pretty but again a baseline of where I am starting.
 Today's weight





Baseline fitness test:
I found this test online

Currently I can:
Do a Plank for 60 seconds
It takes me 13.2 seconds to stand up and sit down in a chair without using my arms 10 times
It takes me 4.6 seconds to run up 13 stairs
I can do 5 push ups.
Looking forward to improving in these areas.

Until tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment